Friday 6 February 2015

Essence: Lash Princess Volume Mascara



As you guys should know by now that most asians don't have the greatest eyelashes. I find my lashes short and lack of volume. Finding mascara is a real challenge, not to mention that most mascara that works for me are more to the high-end ones and they're extremely expensive here(example the Lancome range cost minimum SGD $50 which is ridiculous). I'm so excited that I found another drugstore mascara that works!

I was waiting so long to try the new Essence's mascara and finally they reach Singapore's shore. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it(I know it is cheap), but it came with their eyeliner pen too. Now lets talk about the mascara first.

Essence: Lash Princess Volume MascaraAs you can see the mascara has a pretty packaging and its wand is pretty different from what I'm used to see. It promises 'glamorous volume' and 'perfect separation' describing its wand as 'innovative cobra-head'. The cobra-head wand covers each individual lash to create dramatic volume and a gorgeous, sweeping look. for intensive fluttering lashes.


It gives volume and I noticed a huge difference from one eye with mascara to the other without any.
It thickens the lashes and gives some separation which makes them appear fuller. So it performs as it promises. The formula is a bit wet and it takes some time to dry which is not convenient if you're in a hurry but once it dries it won't go anywhere.  

After all it's a really good mascara and I'm so sure it will be affordable as every product by Essence. Give it a try and tell me what you think ;)




Essence Eyeliner Pen: is with original japanese ink ensures an absolutely accurate line, that is what they claim. It looks very identical to a maker pen, also the tip looks similar. The cap fits properly and does not come off easily, so one can easily carry it around. The tip is a felt tip it is long and medium thin, it is not very super fine but not too thick as well. It is only available in one shade black.
Pros of Essence Extra Long Lasting Eyeliner Pen:
• Felt tip applicator, gives good control in application
• Good pigmentation,Has a semi matte finish
• Dries very quickly

• Stays for long
• Does not smudge or flake
• Decently priced
Cons of Essence Extra Long Lasting Eyeliner Pen:
Not at all waterproof
• Not the darkest shade of black in single swipe
• The tip is not superfine
• Sometimes it has to be kept inverted, but that happens with all liner pens
Its a decent product but not my favourite among eyeliners.


Thanks for reading & support,

XOXO Diana



*Both items are purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment