Friday 5 September 2014

Bare Minerals: Double Trouble Marvelous Moxie Lipstick & Lipgloss Duo





For some reason I'm not drawn to most of the products from Bare Minerals especially their cosmetics line, I had tried their skin care range and do like them but I was just not curious about their makeup and I don't know why.

That day when I'm waiting at the queue in Sephora I saw this Bare Minerals: Double Trouble Marvelous Moxie Lipstick & Lipgloss Duo (SGD $19) and just pick it up thinking why not since I've not tried any of their products and they are great for when traveling. In Singapore we are not that lucky to get that much free samples like in the USA, most of us have to pay for the minis samples (deluxe sample sizes).



 Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss (Smooth Talker) is described as a golden pink shade. The gloss is thick and slightly tacky which allows to adhere to the lips and have a longer wear time. The formula produces a plush, pouty look o the lips and this shade looks quite sheer on me but with a golden sheen.
The sponge applicator is the method of application which has a slight slant to it that allows you to saturated it well with color so a single swipe with yield shine and color onto lips.



Marvelous Moxie Lipstick (Make Your Move) is a Mid-tone nude with a slight brown undertone. They are: 
  • rich and creamy texture
  • long wearing
  • extremely pigmented/saturated
  • nice variety of colors
  • plumping (no tingle)

 From left to right: Make Your Move, Smooth Talker, Lipstick top with Lipgloss

 Smooth Talker Lipgloss applied alone

Make Your Move Lipstick applied alone

Lipstick top with Lipgloss

Overall I do prefer their lipstick more then their lipgloss, nothing really special or stands out to me. Not that they are not good but I just prefer other brands or other formulas more then them, they're still a good if you're keen to try.

Check out my other reviews from Bare Minerals

1 comment:

  1. They're very pretty indeed..thank you...sure I will check out your blog.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete