Wednesday 1 October 2014

Mini Haul From Boots Bangkok Thailand


I was so happy and excited to see a Boots there in Bangkok, Thailand!! They got an amazing deal going on for Soap &  Glory products, buy 1 get 1 free. I didn't get much and i really regretted now because the prices were so cheap there compare to here in Singapore.

I managed to get the 'Collection' Lasting Perfection concealer in #2 cool medium finally!! The cool medium never seems to be in stock in Singapore, I needed something more darker then the fair I got already!!



Now if you have been following me for a while should already know I do not like any food scent on my body, face or even candles. It smells great but I do much prefer the real thing still. When I buy this scrub it is really a step out of my comfort zone, plus so many people are raving about it that I really got to try.

Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub (THB 395 = SGD $15.53) smells amazing with the Great Maple Scent! This is an oat, shea butter and sugar body smoother with organic cupuacu bio scrubs, bananas, almond and honey extracts ( in layman's terms it is a breakfast smoothie for the body!) Simply put, it's an exfoliator/body scrub that contains beneficial ingredients for the body. 


  • Oat and shea butter work hand in hand to relieve, clean, soothe and moisturize (dry) skin.
  • Shea butter is naturally rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin E which is particularly beneficial for very dry or sun-exposed skin. 
  • Organic cupuacu body scrubs is an organic exfoliant harvested from the South American rain forest that is gentle enough to use every day. 
  • Banana is a a great moisturizer for your skin, and the Vitamin A present in banana restores the lost moisture as well as repairs damaged, dull and dry skin. 
  • Almond extracts contain a major source of Vitamin E, which is also known as a 'skin food' because it nourishes your skin and makes it healthy. 
  • Lastly, honey extracts also act as a great moisturizer for the skin and helps in keeping skin well hydrated, fresh and supple.
The texture of the scrub is a thick paste consistency with small brown sugar granules and bigger almond extracts granules. The sugar granules are very gentle on your skin, and the almond grains give a more effective exfoliation, but both compliment each other and give you a proper scrub. The scrub is not abrasive at all and rather leaves your skin with that fresh and clean feeling. I found the scrub to spread evenly and widely, and that a little but went a long way. What I loved about it is that it never left my skin feeling stripped of everything but rather left it feeling fresh, moisturized and super soft. 

To sum up, a big thumbs up for me and surprisingly I actually love the scent on my body. One pretty sad thing is Singapore is selling for about $24 a tub in Sephora, not a very bad price here but it could be better




Soap & Glory The Fab Pore 2-in-1 Purifying Mask & Peel (THB 525 = SGD $20.66)  is a 15 minute intensive-action pore purifying facial peel which can also be used for just 5 minutes for a quick refresher. I really liked this face mask, it reduced the appearance of my pores – I wouldn’t say it shrank my pores but it really cleared them out and made them easier to cover with make up. It is a lovely mint green thick and creamy mask. It contains rice microbeads to cleanse, smooth and exfoliate the dead skin cells away.  The scent is a little hard to explain, it's subtle yet refreshing, a hint of mint.

It is perfect for those with oily/combination skin.  The texture is thick and creamy, very luxurious. A little goes a long way so don't go scooping out half of the tub. It smooths over the face easily and when massaging into my problem areas I can feel the microbeads doing their magic to exfoliate my dry skin and deep clean my pores. It feels very soothing and cooling on the skin without making it feel tight and uncomfortable.
  
I must say I'm impressed and I love this mask but I will not repurchase this in Singapore Sephora because the price is ridiculously expensive here, it's selling for SGD $41 which I can find better brands for that kind of price here. If I'm going back Bangkok, Thailand I'll pick some more up.






Finding an affordable concealer is an expensive, laborious task. I do suffer with under eye circles and blemishes and yes I do like a good concealer that can cover up. This is an absolute amazing concealer and I truly think that it deserves the hype and cult following that it has gained. Here’s a more depth review.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (#1 Fair & #2 Cool Medium) (THB 249 = SGD $9.80) has a very thick consistency, which really works wonders at covering blemishes. Due to how thick it is, it does have a tendency to highlight blemishes if the skin is broken, however the coverage is just perfect. This concealer is ideal for blemishes and imperfections, and really work well when applied on the under-eye area as it does not sinks into any fine lines. 

There isn't a perfect match for my skin-tone so I got to get both fair and cool medium to mix and can use fair to highlight. The price is again a huge difference to me!! If I remember correctly its selling at around SGD $15 per tube here in Singapore, I guess I got to stock up a lot of things if I am back to Bangkok, Thailand for holidays next time.

About comparing it with NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer  I not sure yet, haven't been able to get the Nars one yet because it is pretty much out of stock in Singapore and not sure when they will ever get them in again. I hope I lucky enough to get my hands on them soon to do a comparison.

Hugs & Kisses, Diana

My other Bangkok, Thailand Hauls.
Link to:  THANN Mini Haul From Bangkok, Thailand (Skin Care)
Link to: Beauty Cottage Mini Haul From Bangkok, Thailand (Eyeshadow Palette & Lipstick)

3 comments:

  1. Mesmerized article written on this blog with other relevant information. It is straight to the point that how we can improve our skills as well as how we can be represented to a new stream of professionalism.
    ผลิตสบู่

    ReplyDelete
  2. People tired to find a relevant place where they can know real facts and myths about the topic mentioned by author of this blog. I want to help a lot of needy people through this blog to come up at my blog to know the real facts and myths regarding this topic.
    สบู่ nesti dante รีวิว

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    เลเซอร์หน้าใส

    ReplyDelete