Friday 10 October 2014

NYX Butter Gloss (BLG04 Merengue)




Hi ladies,
I’m sure you have heard all the hype about the NYX Butter Glosses that have been a huge hit in the beauty community.  I bought 1 during my short trip a while ago from Bangkok, Thailand. I'm still not sure about how I feel about them yet.

NYX Butter Gloss (BLG04 Merengue) (THB 295 = SGD $11.55) is a blue tone pink with hints of lavender,  Pink Lilac. think they are possibly one of the nicest gloss formulas in the budget world at the moment. Literally the name translates to the formula as these have a buttery, creamy texture that hugs lips with a moisturizing finish.



The formula provides medium to sheer coverage depending on the shade you purchase. These melt on lips providing color, hydration, and a glossy shine. They have a tasty fruity sugar cookie-like flavor that isn’t overpowering and quite pleasant. I think the gloss wears incredibly comfortable. It’s lightweight, isn’t sticky, but has a bit of tack to allow the glosses to wear quite strong at around four hours without fading, migrating, or drying out.


Now…my only issue with the gloss is the shades. Most of the shades are milky colors that aren’t quite to my liking as not all are suitable for my Asian Chinese skin tone even though I'm consider fair. As you can tell that it looks very patchy on me.  If you’re fairer with less pigmented lips you’ll likely be able to wear all of the colors without an issue but those with medium or deeper skin tones and pigmented lips might find the shades are a little zombie-like on lips.




What do you think? Do share!

Happy Weekend!! XOXO

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment