Wednesday 4 June 2014

Revlon Color Burst Lacquer Balm: Provocateur (#135) Versus Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon (#04 Peach On The Beach)


How does both lip pencils/crayons compare? Here is my thought......




I got this Revlon Lacquer Balm chubby lip pencil a while ago, at Watson my local 'drugstore'.
Revlon Color Burst Lacquer Balm: Provocateur (#135) (SGD $18.90) is a bright medium red with slight blue undertones on my skin swatched and on my lips. It is opaque, pigmented and plus the finish is quite glossy. The consistency is light weight, creamy, somewhat balm-like and wears normal on me for almost 3 to 4 hours without consumption of food.






Ever since Bourjois launched their version of lip pencil/crayon I've been dying to get this particular colour since last year 2013 and they are always out of stock every where I went. Finally get my hands on them around mid April 2014 this year.

Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon (#04 Peach On The Beach) (SGD $18.50) is a light peachy pink with extremely glossy and shiny finish. The texture is extremely creamy that can cause quite a bit of slip on my lips, comfortable and hydrating but does not last long on my lips which I need to reapply every 1.5 to 2 hours. It's great that there is 15 SPF protection but for the waterproof part I really don't think so which also including their claim of a 10 hour wear. Although it is pigmented, glides on very easily, I just cannot stand it being so streaky.

Honestly I am quite disappointed with it, just not how I think or imagine the formula would be after all the hype and anticipation of waiting for so long to finally get my hands on them.



The Pros (Revlon)

  1. Not sticky, Hydrating & Glossy Texture
  2. Normal Staying Power
  3. 8 shades of colours to choose from (in Singapore)
  4. Not Streaky and quite pigmented
The Pros (Bourjois)
  1. Not sticky, Hydrating & Glossy Texture
  2. SPF 15
  3. Pigmented
The Cons (Revlon)
  1. Pigmentation of different shades varies
  2. No SPF Protection
The Cons (Bourjois)
  1. Streaky
  2. only 4 shades to choose from
  3. slippery
  4. does not last long and need to reapply every 1.5 to 2 hours
Overall is just average for both lip pencil/crayons, I don't think I will ever repurchase any of them at all. I still prefer Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms which I had reviewed earlier (I've link my previous review and you can click if you are interested), they are still the best among these lots.

What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment