Friday 9 January 2015

Charcoal Cleansers Battle! Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser Versus Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser


I'm always searching for new and natural facial cleansers that are free from all chemicals and nasty stuff. I don't like anything that contains Paraben or Sulfates and mostly my minimum requirements for skin cleansers for face, body or hair if possible.

It has been getting easier to find natural products here in Singapore for the past 1 year which is a good thing but natural products are way expensive here which most shops/stores will jack up the prices by a lot here.

I love Charcoal Cleansers! They really helps when I have any break out here or there. Now let's first talk about :

Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser (SGD $39 150ml/ 5 fl oz @ Sephora) is a warming cleansing gel that is suitable for all skin types. It is Preservatives, Colour, Gluten, Artificial fragrance and Ethanol alcohol FREE. The warming sensation last just less then 5 seconds so do not worry that it will cause any discomfort at all.

Boscia claims: "It deeply cleans and detoxifies, dissolves pore-clogging impurities, oil, and makeup as it refines skin texture, helps brighten skin clarity and minimizes the look of pores over time.

The Artichoke leaf Extract improves elasticity to help tighten pore walls. Charcoal draws out excess oil and impurities as it detoxifies. Glycolic Acid helps clarify skin and smooth rough texture. Vitamin C helps brighten skin tone and minimize fine lines as it defends from free radical damage."

The gel texture is slightly watery and not as thick to me for my liking and I do feel just a bit tight, a bit dry if I used twice daily. Thats why I do just use this only once either in the morning or night depending on what I needed that day.

Michael Todd True Organics Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser (USD $23 210ml/7.1 fl oz @ Michael Todd Website - link)  "This cleanser utilizes the properties of Activated Charcoal in a base of organic aloe vera to neutralize acidity and absorb impurities while sugar cane and maple provide gentle exfoliation for increased cellular turnover. Amazingly absorbent, Activated Charcoal is widely known for its ability to effectively cleanse the skin, unclog pores and remove deeper impurities and dead skin cells.
Beneficial for all skin types, powerful antioxidants and tea tree and other essential oils provide effective anti-aging and blemish healing properties, including treatment of acne, rosacea and eczema."Michael Todd True Organics claims
I love the thick gel texture and I think it is the perfect texture for my liking and the best part is I can use it twice a daily without leaving my skin feel even a tiny bit tight or dry. The best is they are 
Made in USA(I just can't stand products used on skin or for consumption from China because they really got a bad reputation for causing harm from a number of incidents already... made in any other place but China.. Just scare to use them sometimes.. only can except clothing items or if makeup is  only their powder form products.)
Made with organic ingredients
No added water
No parabens or triclosan, phthalates or sulfates
No mineral oil, artificial colour or synthetic fragrance
No animal testing (products tested on their chairman)

If I just got to choose, I much prefer the Michael Todd True Organics one better cause I think it suits me better. I still do like the Boscia one too and it is still a great product.
What do you think or feel? Which one do you like better?

No comments:

Post a Comment