Wednesday 21 January 2015

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipsticks: Mauve Nihiliste (#58) & Noir Prima Donna (#63)


 Left : Mauve Nihiliste (#58) Right : Noir Prima Donna (#63)

I've been a fan of Yves Saint Laurent Lipsticks around when I was a teenager which I bought my ever first luxury lipstick. Yes... not Mac, Dior, Chanel nor the rest of the high-end brands back then... Love them ever since. It is a real long time since I had any from their Rouge Pur Couture Pure Colour Satiny Radiance (their classic square tubes lipsticks).

I love their shiny classic gold packaging, it feels really weighty and not to mention looks very luxurious as well. The only downside is that there'll be tons of finger prints on the casing.

  Left : Mauve Nihiliste (#58) Right : Noir Prima Donna (#63)

I went into the YSL beauty Counter wanting to find just 1 lipstick in a much darker colour but I pretty much come out with 2 almost every time and this is what I got.


   Mauve Nihiliste (#58) 

Rouge Pur Couture Pure Colour Satiny Radiance: Mauve Nihiliste (#58) (SGD $48) is a pinky purple with a slight shine. It had a quite an opaque coverage and feels very comfortable on my lips. you always wanted to try a purple you can definitely try this tone down shade. It glides on smoothly and doesn't seems to emphasize my dry flakey lips, the great thing is that it actually covers up my lip dryness.

 Noir Prima Donna (#63) (sheer out stain colour p.s. sorry for my dry out lips!)

  Noir Prima Donna (#63)

Rouge Pur Couture Pure Colour Satiny Radiance: Noir Prima Donna (#63) (SGD $48) is dark plummy eggplant shade with micro shimmers of red and blue. Can't really feel any shimmers or even see them when  I put it on but once photograph you could see the dimension that it gives on my lips. It is an opaque coverage and feels very comfortable on my lips. If you wanted to try a dark colour but you don't dare to just dap the lipstick colour on your lips and smooth the colour evenly out with your fingers to create a tone down shade, if not just go ahead with the full on all out with very dark and vampy lips. It glides on smoothly and doesn't seems to emphasize my dry flakey lips too.

I happy and glad that I got both of them and love both, they're definitely a different feel on the lips compare to their Rouge Volupte Shine or their Rouge Volupte that I had review a while ago ( I will link the reviews below if you would like to check them out). Not as creamy or glossy on the lips but they feel wonderful on and does not dry my lips out afterwards.


What do you think? Tried any YSL Lipsticks?


XOXO Diana

My other YSL products review is link below if you would like to check them out!




1 comment:

  1. YSL is my favorite too for lipsticks, mostly because of the smell and the packaging :)

    ReplyDelete