Thursday 1 January 2015

My Beauty Favourites - Nov/Dec 2014


My first favourites blog.... well this is what I'm going to do every month-end if there is anything that I'm loving but there won't be any favourites if there isn't any new products or nothing has change since the last favourites blog. I'll be having a mini reviews on My Favouites and telling you guys what I have been loving and using religiously monthly.

Now here goes......

1. Chanel  Vital Lumiere Aqua & Perfection Lumiere Velvet (20 beige) - Love both equally, it feels very light weight! I had already wrote a full review, just click the link here if you would like to check it out.

2. Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in 1:Fair & 2:Cool Medium - Love the concealers, they work very well with the foundation. A creamy texture that gives a pretty good coverage and it doesn't creases on me. I use it for my under-eyes, the 1:Fair for highlighting & Brightening & 2: Cool Medium for concealing. Additional plus points is that it is very affordable and doesn't break the bank.

3. Urban Decay: Vice 3 Eyeshadow Palette - Love the colours and it is just perfect for this season. Here is the link to check out my full review and swatches.

4. Essence Silky Touch Blush in #10 Adorable - Took out from my stash and it is just the perfect colour that matches any eye makeup or lips colour. Check out my full review I had done quite a while ago here.

5. Nars Audacious Lipstick in Leslie - I love that this shade really compliment my skin-tone & for my full review and swatch please click here.

6. Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Spark Plug - I had done a full review on the lipgloss but in a different shade,  click here would like to check it out. I have a swatch below for this shade.  
It shows a rosy pink with pearly shimmer. This is a barely there nude color that goes on semi sheer on the lips which is perfect to lay it on top of my Nars Audacious Lipstick in Leslie to add on some shine.

7. NYX Butter Gloss in BLG22 Devil's Food Cake - I really love this shade a deep plum as describes by NYX... I have a 2 swatches below.... There is a slight purple tone and it is definitely great for a dark vampy look. Love that it is not sticky at all and is also one of the best 'drugstore' glosses out there in the market. Depending on how you want to look, it can be creamy sheer to medium coverage if you just layer on.

8. Laura Mercier Mini Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rose Gold - I use this as a primer, love the shade and has done a full review & swatches if you would like to check it out just click here

9. Stila Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in Topaz -  I use on my waterline, a lot of people like to use a white pencil here in Singapore but I find that white looks much too harsh and unnatural looking on me. A peachy eyeliner has always been the other way to go if you didn't like the look of white pencil, but still wanted that bright, fresh, and awake look. And this color definitely looks and works better for me then any white pencil. Topaz is described as an apricot nude, but I think that it's more of a peach nude then apricot. The best part is that it actually stays the pretty long on my waterline with my watery eyes and yet it is pretty creamy too. Swatch below...



 Top left to right: Collection's concealer in #1 Fair & #2 Cool Medium, Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Rose Gold, Stila Kajal Eyeliner in Topaz, Nars Audacious Lipstick in Leslie, Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Spark Plug, NYX Butter Gloss in BLG22 Devil's Food Cake heavy & light swatch.

Bottom: Essence Silky Touch Blush in #10 Adorable 



10. Nars ITA Kabuki Brush - This is a perfect brush for contouring, it makes my life a lot easier and really shortens my contouring time. A perfect size, shape, thickness, etc... A great investment even this is not exactly a cheap investment. The bristles are soft which makes blending out the colour easier too.


P.S. please excuse my dirty brush.. haven't had the time to wash it in time to take photo for this post.*heehee*

11. Hakuhodo J110 Blush Brush Round & Flat (Goat) - This is the softest brush out there or I should say all brushes from Hakuhodo are one of the softest in the market. The carefully designed bristles are ideal for producing natural coloring effortlessly. I can easily obtain a natural blending of color and its controllability is excellent. I will be slowly investing more brushes from them because they'll be here setting up a counter in Takashimaya Singapore @ Orchard Road permanently soon. I think in January or Feburary 2015 if I remember correctly. They're not cheap too but definitely worth it.


Hope you guys enjoy my first My Favourites!
See you soon.

Love, Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment