Wednesday 27 August 2014

Nars: Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow in Phoebe



I'm always drawn to eyes make up and eyeshadows since I started learning about make up and very attentive in my class when I was taking my Diploma in Make Up Artistry. I always believe that eyes is a window to your soul!

Yes I admit that I have got a hoarding problem with my eyeshadows..... there are quite a number of palettes, quads, trios, duos, singles, etc in my make up collection from drugstore to high-end. I really can't help myself when I saw these from Nars and decided to pick one up to try.

NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow (Phoebe) ( SGD$44 for 0.05 oz.) is a deep shimmering amethyst, a plummy purple with warm undertones and a metallic finish. When applied dry, it was semi-opaque but had a lighter, softer look, as when it was applied with a dampened brush, it was deeper, richer, and fully opaque. It is supposed to be a wet/dry formulation that yields sheer color when applied dry, “intense, opaque color” when applied with a “dampened brush.” They are blendable when applied either wet or dry. The texture is soft, finely-milled, not powdery and very smooth. I think that the formula is fabulous and the only and biggest problem is the price, they're more expensive and contain less.


Left: Dry swatch Right: Wet swatch

Huge thumbs up for the wonderful formula from Nars but for the price point for just a single eyeshadow is way too much. I wouldn't repurchase not because I don't like the product.. I actually love it but it is way too over price and there are a lot of brands which makes darn good eyeshadows which is much cheaper.

What do you think? Tried them yet?


My other Nars products review links
Link to: Nars: PRO-PRIME Smudge Proof Eyeshadow BaseLink to: Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder - Pressed


No comments:

Post a Comment