Wednesday 20 August 2014

Stila: In The Know Eye-Shadow Palette



Can you believe it took me donkey years just to buy and try Stila's eyeshadow palette! I always pass by and swatch them while thinking OMG they are so pigmented and so buttery soft and smooth, but I'm really not sure why I never got them?!?.. In Singapore there isn't a lot of decent matte eyeshadows around because a lot of people prefer shimmery, glittery eyeshadows here due to the trend here are geared more towards Japan and Korea.

I had always love matte eyeshadows I think that they excellent for simple day to day classic look and they never really go out of style or trend in my opinion.

Stila: In The Know Eye-Shadow Palette (SGD $55) The shades are pigmented, super easy to blend and apply. What I didn’t fancy is the lack of contrast in some of these shades placed side by side, which makes me feel like you’d be limited in the number of combos you could create using just this palette all by itself. Mixing it with other eyeshadows you already have would deliver a wider range of looks, in my opinion. 



They have a look-book if you are out of ideas creating new looks, sometimes it does comes in handy.


 (Top Row, L to R) Air, Wind, Desert, Clay, Earth
                                       (Bottom Row, L to R) Driftwood, Fire, Rain, Smoke, Ebony


Air – Matte beige

Driftwood – Mid-tone brown
Wind – Soft matte peach with yellow tones
Fire – Matte brick orange
Desert – Soft matte tan with warm tones
Rain -Matte brown
Clay – Matte warm pink
Smoke – Matte charcoal grey
Earth – Deep  matte chocolate brown
Ebony – Matte black




And as a bonus they come with a Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Halfmoon which I much prefer then always getting an 2 ended eyeshadow brush like most brand would give. I like that it is a dark charcoal grey shade and it's a staple in my makeup bag some where.


Overall it's a great matte palette and a great addition to whatever you have, plus its a bargain with 10 shades and comes with a great eyeliner.

Have you tried stila's "in the know" palette?
Love it? Hate it?
What's your current everyday palette/quad/trio/etc.?
Do share!

xoxo - Diana

My other stila's product review
Link to: Stila: Custom Colour Blush - Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment