Saturday 10 May 2014

CLIO: Virgin Kiss Lipnicure (#8 Guilty Pink)


Ever since YSL Glossy Stains (Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres)(I will link my previous post below) launched (a while ago), it seems to cause a trend in the cosmetics world even for the Asia's brands to create some sort of different versions of very pigmented and long-wearing liquid lipsticks. I do really love my YSL glossy stains very much still and still intend to get a few more but maybe finding some cheaper versions.

Even since then I was a bit obsessed in trying the cheap alternatives (example: L’Oréal Shine Caresse which was a big disppointment), so far still not much luck in finding something similar or as good as the YSL ones. I was excited when I saw that Clio a korean brand had their version of liquid lipsticks and decided to pick it up to try, I'm sill pretty unsure about how I feel about them yet.

*P.S : They've a lip primer and lip top coat (a gloss I think) which I didn't felt I needed to get because I could use my own lip balm and gloss.

The packaging is cute but a bit too stubby and fat.
CLIO: Virgin Kiss Lipnicure (#8 Guilty Pink) (SGD $19.90) is a bright fuchsia pink and it is budge-proof, pigment-intense and dries down to a matte finish.The doe-foot ergonomic tip applicator is shape slightly curve that simulates the sensuous touch of a finger.

Before you apply the Lipnicure remember to put on some lip balm, it glides on smoothly and doesn't dry up that fast so if you can correct any mistakes you made. After this stuff sets, it ain't going anywhere.They are so stubborn that Clio actually sells a remover just for them, but you could use your usual waterproof/oil makeup remover to remove them and even that you could still see the beautiful stain on your lips after that.




There are 2 things I didn't like, the first is how it feels; there is like a hard and slightly dry but a bit tacky mask on my lips and can flake off if I didn't put on any lip gloss, so it's very important to put on that gloss or you could just get their top coat. Second is the price, Me and my follow Asians in Asia still wish that prices of any cosmetics will be a lot more cheaper like the prices in USA *sighs*.

Overall, there is really nothing bad about this product. I might just have to get their lip primer and top coat to try if they feel better together on my lips.

Happy weekends!! Hugs & Kisses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment