Saturday 3 May 2014

Marc Jacobs: Magic Marc'er: Precision Pen Eyeliner


My final makeup item I got from the Marc Jacobs beauty line is their Magic Marc'er: Precision Pen Eyeliner, never ever thought of getting a eyeliner pen from a luxury brand at all but the sales assistant was so convincing that it was really good. (Anybody that falls into the trap like me?!)

I never believe or ever can justified getting an expensive eyeliner which will dry up pretty soon and I'm always happy with my cheap eyeliners which get the job done as well as the expensive ones. This is my first ever luxury liquid eyeliner pen, and the packaging does look a little bit like a Mont Blanc Pen.

I've always struggle to get a perfect winged-liner look, even as a makeup artist it has never been easy for me. I always has a problem at drawing lines due to my naturally shaky hands, even went to a doctor for that but there is nothing that can solve the problem for me and I just need to deal with it.

It's like god-send when the liquid eyeliner pen was invented and was even better that I found a great one like this Magic Marc'er: Precision Pen Eyeliner. Its just an eyeliner and its an over-price eyeliner! I never think I would love it so much too. And here is what I think about it:


Marc Jacobs: Magic Marc'er: Precision Pen Eyeliner (SGD $39) has a felt tip applicator that is fairly stiff and the tip of the applicator is very thin which is great at drawing precise lines. The ink is incredibly black, flows really nicely to the tip so you will have a lot of control which will make your application for both thick and thin lines much easier. The formula is quite wet but after a few seconds it sets it will not budge. It is waterproof and will stay pristine day to night and can only be remove with a water-proof makeup remover. Glides on smoothly without any skips and the finish does have a bit of shine to it. This pen is up for any task, a dramatic cat-eyed effect to a natural-looking line.

P.S. sorry for this blurry photo.

It is on the expensive side but I've countless of cheaper versions that the performance doesn't compare. Sometimes we just have to spend more to get a better quality product. I hope it can last a while for that hefty price tag. But still looking on the bright side that I can find a cheaper version soon.

What do you gals/guys think? Any Cheaper alternatives that you could recommend? Or do you love the Marc Jacobs: Magic Marc'er: Precision Pen Eyeliner as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment