Thursday 15 May 2014

The Body Shop: Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder



Hi gals, I was busy collecting my passport yesterday that I didn't have the time to post so today I will be talking about The Body Shop: Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder. In Asia or I should say Singapore most women don't bother to contour or use any bronzing powder for the day to day basis, I'm one of the rare one I suppose that do contour whenever I do my makeup. So finding finding a drugstore bronzer is like searching in a hay stack for a needle here until The Body Shop launched their Honey Bronze Line here.

I went in several times to The Body Shop just to look at their honey bronze bronzing powder but was put off at their price until I got an offer for their members a SGD $10 voucher and yes I'm a member of The Body Shop clearly if you have been reading I have done quite a few reviews on their products which I will link below if you are interested in checking them out.

The Body Shop: Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder (#01 Light Matte) (SGD $32.90) is just slightly orange looking on my skin swatched below but it looks perfectly fine when its used on my face. It comes in 4 shades, the #01 light matte and #02 fair matte are fantastic for fair people and all 4 shades are suitable for both contouring and bronzing.

I love the the packaging which is kind of old school compact. The plastic is translucent so that under the light you can see a honeycomb pattern peeking through. The bronzer itself is enrich with honey and embossed with a honeycomb pattern similar to the packaging that ties back to the honey theme. The texture is smooth and soft and is not loosely packed or excessively powdery.


I love this bronzer next to my Chocolate Soleil bronzer from Too Faced but I don't find that they are dupes if comparing them together. The Pros so far is that they're

  • Completely Matte
  • Buildable
  • Not Muddy or Orangey when is pile on
  • Compact for on the go
and even a very faint honey scent. No cons from my point of view just only that it retails quite expensive in Singapore.


No comments:

Post a Comment