Wednesday 7 May 2014

Maybelline: Color Tattoo 24 Hours Gel-Cream Eyeshadow (#55 Inked in Pink) & (#65 Gold Rush)


 Left: #55 - Inked in Pink Right: #65 Gold Rush

I was excited and a bit wary when Maybelline Singapore released 2 more shades for the Color Tattoo, firstly Singapore only got a total of just 8 shades before this release and I had a bad experience with my previous Color Tattoo in Bad To Bronze (The texture was horrible, dry and hard and dry out within just 2 months). Or maybe I just got a bad batch that time?!

This time round I got to test it out in Watson our local chain 'drug store' before I bought it. I'm extremely excited about these 2 colours. How I wish they just bring in a neutral shade like Barely Branded, Pomegranate Punk a red burgundy, etc was released in the USA which I believe a lot of beauty addicts out there would love to have them too. Asia's makeup colour ranges in general is really limited, I do hope they will be adding more soon.

Color Tattoos are somewhere between a cream and a gel; they apply like cream, but sets like a gel to be long-wearing, up to 24 hours. They can be worn alone, sheer or built up to full opacity, or used as a primer or base for powder eyeshadow products. As for me, I use them as a base for power eyeshadow products. They do crease a bit on my eyes if I were to use them just alone, I've other brands that I much prefer use alone as a cream shadows then the Color Tattoos.

  Left: #55 - Inked in Pink Right: #65 Gold Rush

Maybelline: Color Tattoo 24 Hours Gel-Cream Eyeshadow (#55 Inked in Pink) (SGD $ 15.90) is a pinky-mauve with a frosted metallic finish. I didn't exactly wear them for 24 hours but anyway who would, they do let my powder eyeshadows last pretty long for about 12 hours as a base. It applied with full coverage without needing to layer the product on, quite pigmented I must say. The texture is very creamy and lightweight.

Maybelline: Color Tattoo 24 Hours Gel-Cream Eyeshadow (#65 Gold Rush) (SGD $ 15.90) is a sparking strong yellow-tone gold with a metallic finish which I prefer over their first released #45 Bold Gold. I didn't felt that there was any grittiness in the texture but maybe because of the sparkles it did not blend in as well as #55 Inked In Pink, just have to be a little more patience with this one and other then that the wear, pigmentation and texture is the same.

 Left: #55 - Inked in Pink Right: #65 Gold Rush

I'm glad that I gave them a second chance, they're long-wearing, creamy, easy to apply and blend and significantly more budget-friendly then their high-end counterparts. The formula seems to be better then the first release, hope they keep improving and bring in more colours soon.

Tried any yet? Which shades is your most use? Feel free to leave a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment