Friday 9 May 2014

Tarte: Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation


Tarte: Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation (Light Sand) (SGD $60) is like airbrushed foundation, the Amazonian Clay will intuitively adjust to your skin's concern whether is oily, dry, or combination. It reduces the appearance of pores and evens out discoloration. It is a long wearing full coverage foundation with UVA/UVB SPF 15 formula and blendable.

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation, it doesn't seems to control my oil T-Zone that well because it only lasted about 4 hours in the extremely humid and hot weather in Singapore. Another thing is Tarte wasn't kidding about it being full coverage because a little goes a very long way. If I apply too much, it starts to feel very heavy and seems like a mask on my face which feels very uncomfortable.

The only 2 ways I could use it is to mix with my other foundations with a lighter texture and coverage, or just apply a very thin layer. I just can't decide whether I love it or hate it, I love that it is full coverage and the texture which is quite smooth, silky and very blendable. It looks flawless when you first put it on but hate it when it just cakes up after the four hour period.

I blame it on Singapore's weather because its so difficult for makeup to last long on my skin. I'm like searching for a needle in a haystack and the only reason I say that its because not only I have to deal with my oily-combination skin, I still got to deal with the excessive sweating in this kind of weather.

.


Overall I do think it is a good foundation, not great but still good. I believe it will be excellent especially for those whose skin belongs to the more normal type. It might be great for me almost during the end of the year from October onwards where the weather will be much cooler, for now I would just keep it in my makeup stash and wait till then before I would even bust it out to use again. For the time being I still prefer their Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush foundation better which I had done a review on previously and I'll have link below if you are interested in checking that out.

Have you tried this foundation yet? What do you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. I have oil skin and live in Thailand and it's hot weather here.
    i really like to try Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation. but you said it not good enough in hot weather, Would you recommend me a good foundation?

    ReplyDelete