Sunday 9 March 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms: Shameless (#215), Showy (#220) & Unapologetic (#210)

 Top to Bottom: Shameless (#215), Showy (#220), Unapologetic (#210)

  Top to Bottom: Shameless (#215), Showy (#220), Unapologetic (#210)

Hi my lovelies,

I'm back with another review. I'm a huge fan of Revlon lip products, but I'm just not a huge fan of matte finishes. They don't seems to get along with my dry flaking and peeling lips, the colours are so gorgeous that I was immediately drawn into it. With so many great release from them I'm just willing to give it a shot and try some.

I don't think I had told anybody that I 've not always been very adventurous of having bright, neon or dark colours on my lips. I have to thank U Tube, the blogging world and all the social media to even have the courage to step out of my comfort zone, before it was just nude/neutral/light colour lips. Have been really comfortable now trying out different sorts of colours.

 Left to Right: Shameless (#215), Showy (#220), Unapologetic (#210)
 (sorry for the blurry swatches)


 Shameless (#215)

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms: Shameless (#215) (SGD $19.90) is a dark-medium, slightly pink-tinted purple with a satin-matte finish. It had a fairly opaque colour coverage and the consistency is creamy, light-weight and surprisingly not drying out my lips.

 Showy (#220)

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms: Showy (#220) (SGD $19.90) is a light-medium, slightly purple-tinted with blue undertones and a satin-matte finish. It is very pigmented and has a full colour coverage. The consistency is very creamy, light-weight and applied smoothly and evenly. 

Unapologetic (#210) 

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms: Unaplologetic (#210) (SGD $19.90) is a neon pinky coral and has a satin matte finish. It leans more pink on my lips with a slight touch of coral tint. It is very pigmented and has a full colour coverage. The consistency is very creamy, light-weight and applied smoothly and evenly exactly like Showy (#220).

All three wears fairly well for 4.5 hours without drinking or eating on me. Showy (#220) is definitely my favourite of the three and I'm quite shock that I actually prefer these matte balms rather then their lacquer balms or balm stains and I am sure I'll end up buying more shades.

Final Verdict: Incredible formulas with amazing colours, and even it is not a huge range in Singapore it is enough for people with different likings.

Hugs & Kisses,

Diana


2 comments:

  1. I have been dying to try these Matte Balms but everytime I go to the store they are sold out (so sad i know). Also I nominated you for a Liebster award you can check it out at the link below!

    http://www.inthelandofjen.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me for the Liebster award ;-) ... You got to try these matte balms they are really good... hope you can get them soon!!

    ReplyDelete