Sunday 27 April 2014

Marc Jacobs: Style Eye-Con No. 7 Plush Eyeshadow ( #202 The Tease Palette)



Marc Jacobs beauty line really made me very pump up, flustered and way to excited. There are still 2 more eyeshadow palettes I want (#204-The Starlet & The Shoe Gazer from their trios palette). In the end I decided I should get the palette with my favourite colours which is #202-The Tease palette.

I've not try a lot of luxury brand eyeshadows besides Dior palettes which I love, I am happy and glad that I'm stepping out of my comfort price zone to try this palette here. The packaging is pretty slim, sleek, chic, and it comes with a black cloth case and a single sponge-tip applicator which is stuck at the bottom of the casing with I rather they completely not include it.

Anyway most luxury brands packaging always look incredible, I'm a sucker when it comes to packaging and always drawn to the packaging first before I swatch anything on my hands. I've got pretty high expectations since I saw the review on Temptalia, even though #202-The Tease was rated at 8.5/10 lower then #204-The Starlet at 9.5/10.  So let us get on to:

Marc Jacobs: Style Eye-Con No. 7 Plush Eyeshadow ( #202 The Tease Palette) (SGD $81) contains 7 shadows which the colours selection work really well together. The colour payoff is excellent and they are extremely easy to blend. The texture is a bit of a mixture, from left on the picture below the first 5 shades are creamy and buttery, the last two shades are a bit more powdery (Don't need to worry they are still very easy to blend and I don't have a problem with fall-outs).



  • The Tease #1 - A cool-toned medium-dark purple with a slightly shimmery finish.
  • The Tease #2 - A muted cool-toned grey with purple undertones.
  • The Tease #3 - A pale pastel pink.
  • The Tease #4 - A pale muted peach with a soft golden sheen.
  • The Tease #5 - A light-medium pink with yellow undertones and frosty finish.
  • The Tease #6 - A fuchsia-magenta matte colour with micro pink shimmers that doesn't show up when applied on the skin.
  • The Tease #7 - A warm-toned burgundy with red and violet micro-shimmers.
Overall I love their shadows and I'm willing to splurge, although I love their sleek-chic packaging it just seems not weighty enough compare to the rest of the luxury brands out there. That actually makes it feel a bit cheap.

Never the less I still like the formula enough for me to splurge on another 1 or maybe 2 palettes soon *heehee*. Have you tried them yet? Or is there any other luxury brands of eyeshadows that you prefer? I would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment