Friday 18 April 2014

Smashbox : Full Exposure Palette


 First row - shimmery eyeshadows
Second row - matte eyeshadows


Today I want to share my new favourite palette - The Smashbox Full Exposure palette. I never really thought of getting this palette at all, not that the colours are not nice but I simply love the idea of  shimmery eyeshadows a row and matte shadows another row. And since Sephora is no longer carry Lorac and I serious doubt that I will ever get it in Sephora Singapore I thought I might just give Smashbox a try.

Let's start with the packaging, a sturdy, sleek black palette (the only thing that is bothering me is the texture of the packaging, it seems to be the same like the Nars packaging and can attract any dirt/thing) , comes with a great size mirror and a duo-ended eye shadow brush (a lot better then the Urban Decay Naked palettes brush). A spilt-fiber eyeshadow and a fluffy blending brush, as well as a large sheet of eye makeup tutorial.



Smashbox: Full Exposure (SGD $73 @ Sephora Singapore) has a excellent selection of colours from brown, nudes, greys and 2 kinds of finish from shimmery to matte. The pigmentation of the shadows are great, all shadows are not chalky including matte ones and the texture has a velvet finish to it, no fall-outs for the matte shadows. The split-fiber brush, it does not pack on the glitters on the eyelid that well and you might have to use another brush just for the glitters, and the formula of a couple shimmery shades just don't as well as I like, comparing to the Urban Decay alternatives. The rest is great and as for the longevity of the shadows is not much of a problem now a days, just use a eyeshadow primer.

 First row of shimmery eyeshadows from left to right (S1 - S7)

S1 - Chocolate Brown with Golden Pearl
S2 - Deep Golden Brown with Gold Pearl
S3 - Soft Gold with Gold and Sliver
S4 - Light Tan with Gold and Sliver
S5 -Golden Wheat with Gold Pearl
S6 - Mid-tone Slate with Sliver Pearl
S7 - Rich Grey with Multi-colour and Sliver Pearl

 Second row of matte eyeshadows from left to right (M1 -M7)

M1 - Matte Warm Chocolate Brown
M2 - Matte Mid-tone Brown
M3 - Soft Matte Mid-tone Tan
M4 -Creamy Matte Beige
M5 - Soft Light Taupe
M6 - Ashy Dark Brown
M7 - Suede Black

I am very happy to have got this palette, I wasn't that sure of this palette at first and now I am just glad I got it. A really great everyday palette for work to play, those matte shadows are exceptionally buttery soft and perfectly blend-able. 

It is definitely worth taking a peek for my fellow neutral eyeshadows lover!
Another time for another palette I guess *heehee*!

Enjoy your day! 
XOXO... Diana...



No comments:

Post a Comment