Tuesday 18 February 2014

Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder - Pressed


I have been searching for Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder and until I saw somebody on U Tube mentioning that it has a similar concept to the Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder. Not sure how similar they are since I could not get Hourglass any where in Singapore to compare with the Nars one I got.

Now lets get on and start with the Nars Packaging, its slim and sleek with a nice size mirror but the cons: is the rubbery texture of the packaging easily attracts dust and residue of powder that is left on your hands, it comes with a very thin sponge and a small pouch to keep the compact in.


Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder - Pressed: Translucent Crystal (SGD $50) is a weightless, silky translucent powder that creates a soft matte finish that looks luminous in any like for all skintones. Nars claims that fine lines, wrinkles, and pores optically fade as skin visibly smoothed. It looks stark white with pearly sheen and the texture is creamy and very smooth. Do not worry, it holds true to its translucent claim and disappear into the skin.

I didn't expect that it really works but guess what!? It does! The powder is infused with Photochromic Technology, which diffuses light and adjusts to new source of light throughout the day. It is formulated without Parabens.  Too bad it does not hold up very well to my oily combination skin and would have to touch up constantly especially on my extreme oily T-Zone.

I prefer this pressed version to the loose version because I do not have to handle the messiness and it is more convenience to carry around in my purse/bag.

Do you prefer the pressed or loose version? And why?


No comments:

Post a Comment